NASA Administrator and Nanotechnology Consultant Headline Tech ConferenceAnnual conference offers notes on business-affecting technology trends.
By Staff Writers
The 11th annual business and technology conference, known this year as TECH 2004, will be held Tuesday, May 4, 2004 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Liverpool.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) Administrator Sean O?Keefe will deliver the morning keynote discussing NASA?s vision for space exploration and the Mars Rover Expedition. O?Keefe has served as the head of the administration since December 2001 and was previously Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget and Deputy Assistant to President Bush.
Also speaking will be Jack Uldrich, president of consulting agency The NanoVeritas Group and author of ?The Next Big Thing is Really Small: How Nanotechnology will Change the Future of Your Business.?
The conference is designed for manufacturers, business owners, technology executives, high-tech entrepreneurs and others who want to improve their competitive edge in business through a better understanding of the latest technologies. TECH2004 offers two seminar tracks, manufacturing and technology and includes topics such as strategies for competitive manufacturing, RFID, increasing sales, open source software (Linux), malicious software threats, top technology trends and more.
TECH2004 is presented by the CASE Center at Syracuse University and the Central New York Technology Development Organization (TDO) in collaboration with WCNY. Both the TDO and CASE Center are supported in part by NYSTAR, the New York State Office of Science, Technology and Academic Research,
- Putting Oswego On the Map
- A Newcomers’ View of Oswego
- Syracuse Area Sees Surge of New, Renovated Hotels
- Tourism Trends Tantalizing
- Q & A with Troy Waffner
- Marine Sanctuary Status Could Boost Local Economy
- Public Can Help Turn Lake Ontario into a Sanctuary
- A Roaring Success in Central Square
- New Tourism Website Takes Regional Approach
- Going Alone, Sort Of
- Meet Renato Mandanas
- DWI Arrests at an All-Time Low
- U.S. Car Crash Deaths Down, But Still Surpass Other Nations
- Is CNY A Good Place for Seniors?
- Transportation, Lack of Home Aides: Major Hurdles for Seniors in Oswego County
- Oswego County Ranks ‘Average’ in AARP Study
“What are your primary sources of news and why?”
Ontario Orchards’ Fall Jamboree
The Newspaper Business is Dying, Right?
OOC Honors Local Organizations, Businessmen